In 1928, Glenn's father, Frank T. Cutsforth opened a meat market on NW 1st in Canby. At the age of 12, Glenn began working in the business and became his father's right-hand man. In 1937, Glenn married Elsie Egli. Elsie joined the family business originally working as a meat cutter.
Groceries were added to the market in 1946 and Cutsforth's Market became Canby's third grocery store. Glenn and Elsie's son, Frank, started working for the market in 1957.
In 1963, Cutsforth Market moved to a new location on the corner of 2nd & Holly St where it remained for 12 years. Cutsforth's again relocated in 1975, to their current location at 225 NE 2nd in downtown Canby.